Thursday, January 22, 2015

DnD Map Plotter - Part 2 - Plotter Hardware

HARDWARE



Here is the first image I created. What else would I have drawn?





All the 3D objects can be found here:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:648119

Many thanks to the corexy.com website for the inspiration to design this plotter.

In the first image below, notice one of the string travels all the way through to the corner idler pulleys? Need to keep that in mind in my 3-D parts.

Image Credit: corexy.com



Notice the 45 degree offset of these two pulleys in the picture below... I will need to use the diameter of the idler pulleys as a parameter when spacing the two holes.  OH NO! will I actually have to multiply a parameter by the square root of 2!  Yay, I'm using one of the 3 things I remember from my college degree.

Image Credit: corexy.com


No comments:

Post a Comment